Serving all of Round Rock, Texas, including all of Bell County; Burnet County; Hays County; Travis County; and Williamson County.
James D. Parker, Attorney at Law
James attended South Texas College of Law in Houston, graduating in 2002, and was admitted to the Texas State Bar in 2003. Since then, James has represented individuals, small businesses, and municipalities throughout Central Texas.
James has also served as an assistant city attorney for various cities in Central Texas advising cities in many areas and facets of municipal law and serving as a prosecutor for several municipal courts in the Central Texas area prosecuting Class C misdemeanors and city ordinance violations.
In James' private law practice, he has also advised clients in municipal law, business litigation, landlord/tenant disputes, construction litigation, real estate, and in collection matters. James has represented and counseled clients in civil litigation involving: construction defects, mechanic's liens, and deceptive trade practice claims, eminent domain litigation, real estate litigation, and contract disputes.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas, May 2003
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
Juris Doctorate, July 2002
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
B.A., History, 1999
Publications / Presentations:
- Recreation Use Statute Case Law Update, Speaker, 2010 TCAA Fall Meeting, Corpus Christi
- Easements, Right of Way, and Dedications, Speaker, 2006 Texas Public Works Association Short Course
- Increased State Oversight and Landowner Participation in the CCN Process: A Review of House Bill 2876, St. B. Tex. Envtl. L.J. Vol. 36; Fall 2005
- U.S. Army Reserves, 7/6 Cav. Reg't, Conroe, Texas, May 1992 to May 1994
- Texas Army National Guard, 386th Eng. BN/176 Eng. BN, 49th Armored Division, May 1994 to May 2000
Community / Professional Involvement
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- City of Round Rock Building Standards Commission/Fire Code Board of Appeals, Vice Chair, 2011 to present
- City of Round Rock Civil Service Commission, Commissioner, 2010 to present
If you would like to speak with Attorney James Parker, please call or email our office.